📌 Bucharest but also here, there, everywhere
The BD department in a nutshell
Our Business Development department at Upswing is as young as our decision to focus on inbound marketing as an intentional way of connecting with brands who need our SEO & Content expertise.
2 years of testing, research, meaningful new connections and things really took off 🚀. Now that we know what works, we’re ready to pass on the know-how and accelerate growth.
You’ll be surprised to learn that we don’t want you to prove sales skills. In fact, we’re not traditionally selling our services. We’re not cold calling. We’re not promising and persuading.
We’re instead doing a great job at fairly qualifying. We’re trying to connect and understand the brand’s and it’s industry’s digital challenges. We’re consulting it’s digital marketing managers and CEOs through eloquent data and in-depth analysis.
Our BD philosophy is all about helping brands be aware of their opportunities so that they can invest smart and add serious firepower 🔥 to their business objectives.
- As a Business Developer at Upswing, you will be responsible for managing the very first contacts with inbound prospects that could become our clients; therefore you’ll need to be a natural at cultivating and fostering an environment of trust and collaboration
- You’ll need the acumen for digital marketing and digital channels (PPC, Paid Social, SEO and Content) and the ability to further explain SEO, SEM and other digital marketing solutions to prospects
- After a while of working together and aligning upon the agency’s culture and methodology, you will be able to qualify and nurture new leads as follows ⬇️
- You will be responsible for understanding and sometimes uncovering our prospects’ objectives (both business and digital KPIs) and what success might look like for them
- You will use a CRM software to efficiently organize, track, keep record of and build better relationships with leads
- You will provide hands-on delivery of work such as keyword research, analysis of backlink profile, competitor analysis with the help of various SEO tools and proprietary tech
- You will be working with our SEO and content specialists in order to prepare an insightful analysis that will become the foundation of the strategy that will best meet our clients’ needs; ultimately, you’ll need to translate this analysis into actions and a business offer
- You will attend and help deliver the opportunities presentation; this mainly means Zoom calls or, sometimes, live (safe, all things concerned) meetings
- As a valuable member of the growth team, you will play a vital part in the smooth-setting and running of a new account, through the accurate documentation and handing in of all business particularities
- Are a curious, resilient and self-driven individual
- Take a proactive approach to actively develop relationships with prospects and internal teams
- Approachable, supportive and accountable for your own, the prospects’ and the team’s contribution
- Forward thinking and solutions oriented
- Strong, clear verbal and written communication and presentation skills; bilingual capacities (Romanian & English) are a must
- Ability to explain complex information in simple terms and deliver clear and concise recommendations
- Discipline and maturity to work in a fast-paced, remote-first team environment; to create and follow a structured schedule
- Minimum 2+ years in Digital Marketing; Paid Media and SEO Experience ideal but not mandatory
- Experience in an agency environment or client management expertise is a major plus
Benefits and perks
- Unlimited support: we’ll provide you with all the support you need so you can become the best version of your professional and personal self (they usually go hand in hand)
- Personal Development; you’ll have access to the latest titles in the field, recurrent training, a fat physical library and a captivating MasterClass account
- Home office set-up support but also the availability of a welcoming traditional office in the north of Bucharest, Pipera; pandemic or no pandemic, we’re a remote-first team and you can choose the most productive environment for you
- Health plan subscription with Medicover
- The flexibility of a remote-first team
About us, the agency
- We’re Upswing, an award-winning digital growth agency, nominated as „Best Global SEO Agency” at Global Search Awards (get familiar with our whereabouts and methodology here)
- We’re a team of 27 straight-talking, strategic-thinking, data-driven SEO & content specialists. The kind brands turn to for advice when they want to meet growth that actually matters to them
- It’s been 13 years now since we decided to help brands understand whether they can unlock their organic growth potential to attract new customers, grow market share and increase sales revenue. Read more about our journey, here: upswing.ro/povestea-noastra
How to apply
We shared with you our approach, now we’re excited to find about yours.
In order to apply please send your CV along with answers to the following three questions:
- What one skill would you like to improve and what’s your plan for doing so?
- What do you like to do outside of work?
- What opportunities do you think brands are missing out on in 2020 if they lack an SEO and content strategy?
We are waiting for your application at firstname.lastname@example.org until December 5, 2020.
We’ll let you know when we’ve received your application. We would love to keep you in our talent pool so should you not be successful this time, we can get in contact for any future roles. Do mention in your email whether you would also like that.